Installing a ductless mini split air conditioning system tends to bring several advantages and benefits to homeowners. If you live in the St. Michael, MN area, and are looking for a professional company to help you with this process, look no further than B & D Plumbing, Heating & A/C. We’ve been helping residents here solve their heating and cooling needs since 1982, and we’re still moving forward full steam ahead.
To see what your neighbors are saying about us, take a look at our reviews and testimonials!
What are the benefits of a ductless mini split system?
A ductless mini split system offers many advantages. Below are a few examples of the most common benefits that our customers have gotten from this system.
- Flexibility: Ductless mini split air conditioning and heating systems are more flexible in their mobility.
- Specifically directed: They can be directed into a specific room without affecting the other rooms around it.
- Easy installations: These systems are typically far easier to install than other air control systems.
- Economic: For homeowners with widespread floor space, a ductless air conditioning system can also save a great deal of money by focusing temperature modification where it is most needed.
How much can you save with a ductless mini split system?
Because the ductless air conditioning system gives you the opportunity to better control temperature modification, the savings can be quite enormous. Central air conditioning systems are always heating the entire floor space of a building. This means that the homeowner is always paying for the entire floor space. Ductless air conditioning systems save a homeowner this expense.
What are some common problems?
Some ductless units can begin to malfunction, and several signs will usually show this. When you notice any of these signs, give us a call to come in and check your unit so we can determine what the problem might be, and what the best way to fix it is.
Common signs of problems include:
- It isn't operating: This could be due to a blown out fuse or even a whole-house power failure that affected the system even more.
- Poor performance: If you notice that the system isn’t working as it should, or seems to be working less efficiently, you could have a problem on your hands. Our techs will be able to inspect your unit and determine what’s wrong with it.
- Different operation from the remote control setting: This could be due to either a malfunctioning system or a malfunctioning remote control.
Take a look at our special deals to save on your next service!
How can you avoid problems in the future?
Maintenance of a ductless system is much easier than a central air conditioning unit. First, a homeowner should be sure that leaves or branches do not block the airflow of the outside unit. This can be accomplished by keeping the radius around the outside unit clear for at least a foot. Most of the time, simply raising the outdoor unit will help to create a space that is needed.
The indoor units should be checked routinely for airflow problems as well. Filters should be changed on a routine basis. The refrigerant tubing and the suction tubing should also be maintained by one of our professionals at least twice a year along with the condensation drain.