A constant worry for homeowners who live in older homes is the plumbing within the home. As pipes age they slowly break down and run into issues such as leaks. This can be serious for any home as water damage is a leading cause for total losses. When piping becomes a consistent issue, one of the only solutions is to repipe your home. At B & D Plumbing, Heating & A/C we offer industry-leading repiping solutions for your entire home.
Don’t forget to save money on your services using our online sales and coupons.
What are the different types of pipes used when repiping a home?
The piping that is in your home is critical to since it affects all of the major plumbing appliances in your home. Each type of pipe is used for a certain purpose when it comes to plumbing. We know how important it is to have working pipes in your home and can provide you with the best installation services around.
- PVC - Is a plastic pipe. The typical use for standard PVC pipe has to do with drain, waste and venting systems, however it can be used to move supply water. Many irrigation systems utilize PVC piping.
- CPVC - Is also a Plastic Pipe, however it’s been modified to be acceptable for fire rated applications which are common with commercial construction. CPVC is built to have the same outside diameter as copper which makes it a good substitute for copper with regards to installation of common valves and fixtures.
- PEX - PEX stands for cross-linked polyethylene. It is a type of plastic tubing made from high-density polyethylene. It is used for radiant floor heat tubing and for water supply. PEX has a lot of advantages over copper piping, such as: it is far less expensive as a raw material and much more durable over time.
- Copper - Copper pipes are commonly used in the construction industry for water supply lines, gas and refrigerant lines in HVAC (heating, cooling, and air conditioning) systems. Copper pipes can be manufactured as soft or rigid copper and offer excellent corrosion-resistance and reliable connections. Copper has passed the test of time and when installed well by a professional, it can appear to be a work of art.
While these are not the only pipes we carry, they have a tendency to be the most common. Our expert plumbers can provide you with the best repiping solutions that work for your home and also work within your budget.
Read past feedback from our customers, and call us today!
What are causes for repiping?
When it comes to repiping your home, looking for common signs is always critical. This job is generally one of the biggest ones when it comes to your home's plumbing. Some of the common signs include:
- Low water pressure
- Strange water color
- Leaky pipes
- High water bills
- Noises coming from the piping
- And more
Our technicians are highly trained to take care of these situations and determine whether or not your home's piping requires replacements. Call our plumbers today and schedule an expert inspection today!
Professional Services From B & D Plumbing, Heating & A/C
Our expert technicians can provide you with quick and efficient repiping services. We will restore the flow of water to your home in no time. Our plumbing contractors are licensed, insured and bonded so you can rest easy knowing you're getting the best service possible. Call us today and schedule an appointment with one of our experts today!